Welcome to the Gastonia Conference Center
Gastonia Conference Center is a symbol; a sign of the people of Gastonia, North Carolina on the move toward civic, economic, and environmental sustainability. Designed to pay homage to the surrounding architecture and heritage of the area, Gastonia Conference Center is the premier destination for local, regional, and state-wide conferences and events, from metro-Charlotte based corporate meetings, to state-wide conventions, to local and community events, to memorable weddings.
This cutting-edge, 30,000-square-foot technologically advanced and sustainably built conference center is designed to generate business and support the local Gastonia community. The Conference Center accommodates over 450 meeting attendees and 300 for a seated banquet function and features ten separate, purpose-built and distraction-free meeting rooms, event spaces and 5,100 square-foot ballroom. It has already gained recognition as the greater Charlotte region's foremost destination for events of all kinds.
How can you shop perfectly for the bridesmaid dresses?
1. The theme of your wedding dress should match with the theme of the bridesmaid dresses: After looking at your wedding dress, think about the style of your wedding dress. Figure out if it is modern, classic or vintage. After figuring out the theme, choose the dresses for your bridesmaids that will go well with the style of your wedding dress. For example, if you are wearing a beautiful flowing lace dress in your wedding, then do not buy formal taffeta dresses for your bridesmaids.
2. Choose the color of the dresses wisely: Think of the complexion of your bridesmaids before you select a color for them. Along with the skin color, the hair color should also be kept in your mind. You should make sure that the dresses that you are selecting for your bridesmaids should accentuate their looks.
3. Consider the wedding season: You must select the color of the dresses of the bridesmaids, keeping the wedding season in mind. For example, black dresses look great if it is a November wedding. Colorful dresses look great if it is a spring season.
4. Be a little flexible: You need to be a little flexible when you are choosing dresses for your bridesmaids. The dress that you like might not be liked by your bridesmaids. It can also be that your bridesmaids would like to wear something else. Instead of arguing with her, be a little flexible. You can choose the theme of the dress and allow the girls to choose the fabric and color. This is because each girl would know better which color suits their complexion.
5. Don’t take too much stress: You must remember that you cannot make everyone happy. So despite taking too much stress, be confident and happy. It is the most special day of your life and your bridesmaids will be there to support and encourage you. Even if initially, one of the bridesmaids does not like your choice of her dress, she will ultimately get used to the dress. So do not worry.
Shopping Tips for buying your wedding dress
1. First of all, set a budget in your mind: If you start shopping without a budget in your mind, you will surely end up paying extra bucks for the wedding dress. It is wise to spend no more than 10% of your total wedding budget on your wedding dress.
2. Start the shopping early: It generally takes more than six months to get your gown delivered to your home after you have placed the order. Thus, right after your engagement ceremony, start shopping for your wedding dress. After you get the dress from the designer, you also need to check if it is fitting you perfectly or you need to send it for minute alterations. If you start shopping for your wedding dress late, then you may not be satisfied with the dress that you will receive.
3. Conduct a research: It is wise to conduct a research about the latest designs and trends of bridal dress. Before hitting the shops, go through some magazines or blogs. When you are sure about what you would like to buy, check out the price. Then, head towards a shop.
4. Schedule an appointment: Instead of hoping from one shop to another, you can schedule an appointment in a bridal shop that has a full-service salon. Please check if the price of the dress matches your budget. If you are fond of designer wear, then you have to find out the stores which sell designer bridal wear.
5. Listen to your consultant and be a little daring: Many brides are strictly against wearing a strapless wedding dress or a wedding dress with a deep neckline. However, these brides look incredibly beautiful wearing the dress they thought won’t suit them. Thus, instead of being so stubborn, listen to your consultant. She will understand better which style will suit you the most.
6. Don’t pay more than 50% before getting the gown: Even if you are simply bowled over by a wedding dress, do not pay more than 50% before you get the dress in your hand. If the dress doesn’t turn out to be the kind you thought of, then all your money would get wasted.
Helpful tips for selecting a wedding florist
You need to purchase plenty of flowers from your florist for the wedding day. So, it is evident that your florist has a really major role to play in your wedding. At first, you need a beautiful bridal bouquet. After that, you need a few bouquets for all your attendants. You would also require flowers for decorating the venue, boutonnieres for the groom and groomsmen etc. Thus, to make sure that you have the most beautiful flowers within an affordable budget, you need to select the right florist.
Thus, in this article, we will provide some helpful tips for all brides so that they can select the right wedding florist.
1. Take recommendations from friends who got recently married: This is indeed a very helpful tip for selecting your wedding florist. Firstly, because you have seen the wedding preparations in your friend’s wedding and secondly, the florist cannot charge you an extreme amount.
2. View the work of a few florists: Before you finalize your wedding florist, it will be better if you check out the work of a few florists. You can visit the florist shops and see the arrangements that are put on display. Have a close look at the color combinations and decide if you like their work.
3. Give the florists a full picture of your wedding day when you are interviewing them: When you are interviewing a wedding florist, tell him how you would like the preparations of your wedding to be. Let them know about the color scheme and the style that you want for your wedding day. Then, see if the florist is confident enough to meet your demands.
4. Decide your flower budget in advance: If you don’t have a flower budget in your mind, the wedding florist can charge you an enormous amount. Tell your florist about your price range and he will surely make the best arrangements for you.
5. Specify the flowers: After finalizing your wedding florist, tell him the type of flowers that you will like to totally exclude and the ones you would like in abundance.
How can you choose the perfect wedding dress?
You can choose the perfect wedding dress only when you are well aware of your body type. Here are some helpful tips that will guide you to choose the perfect wedding dress:
1. If you have a pear shaped body: If you have a pear shaped body, then choose a dress that spreads from the waist region in an A formation. Such a wedding dress will make you look slim. A V-neckline or a bodice with a spaghetti strap will make the upper part of your body look slender. You can choose such a dress in satin or taffeta fabric. A-line silhouette will make you look beautiful and slender.
2. If you are a little busty: If the upper part of your body is heavy, then you should go for dresses with scooped necklines. You can also choose a strapless gown that has a lesser dip along the neckline. Don’t choose dresses which have a silk, satin or organza bodice as it will add further volume to your chest.
3. If you have an apple-shaped body: If you have an apple shaped body, then choose a dress with a bodice which has a lot of lace detailing. The deep V neckline would look good on you and the dress should spread from the waist region in an A formation.
4. If you are a tall person: If you are tall and statuesque, then you should choose a simple dress that will accentuate your natural shape. You can opt for long sleeves.
5. If you have a straight-lined body: You should choose a dress that can create curves if you have a straight-lined body. A sheath dress or a ball gown will look good on you. Choose a dress which has a bodice made of silk or satin that can add volume to your chest.
6. If you are a petite person: Sheath and trumpet dresses will look good on you if you are petite. Do not choose a dress with a dropped waist as it will make you look shorter.
Helpful tips for hiring the perfect DJ in your wedding
1. Ask for recommendations from your friends: It is always a wise idea to take recommendations from people around you. If you know a friend or cousin who had hired a DJ at their wedding, feel free to take recommendations from them.
2. Check the websites of several DJs: Nowadays, every DJ has his own website. Therefore, you can visit a couple of websites of DJs featuring their work. If you come across a website that looks hugely unprofessional, be sure that his work would be unprofessional. On the other hand, if you find a website that is professional and frequently updated, you can be sure that the DJ is quite professional.
3. Meet the DJ before booking him: Even if you are a busy person, don’t book a DJ on email or phone just after been impressed with his website. It is extremely important to meet the DJ before booking him. You must tell him how you envision your wedding music and arrangements to be. You can also take advice from him regarding the first dance and disco arrangements. When you would talk with the DJ, you would understand how confident and sure he is about his work. Even after booking him, make sure to meet him before the day of your wedding to get an idea of what he has planned for your big day.
4. Book early: Do not be lazy and postpone the task of hiring a DJ. If you set out to hire a DJ just a month before your wedding, chances are that you won’t get one of the best DJs as they are all booked in advance.
5. Arrange wireless mikes and special lights: If you can make the arrangements of few wireless mikes for speeches and performances, the DJ can’t cost you extra money. You can also arrange the special lights to make the ambiance more beautiful.